What are the delivery times for furniture?
The delivery time of our furniture depends on a number of factors. We recommend that you always contact us first for the correct delivery time, in order to avoid disappointments afterwards. For your information, you will find some indicative delivery times below.
- for TEAK furniture: Items that are in stock are usually delivered within 1-2 weeks. Non-stocked items or items that need to be made to measure have a delivery time of up to 16 weeks, up to a length of 240 cm. Products longer than 240 cm, but shorter than 300 cm have a maximum delivery time of 20 weeks. For products longer than 300 cm, the delivery time will be discussed with you in advance.
- for LAMULUX furniture: Delivery times vary from 2-20 weeks, excluding newly launched series. Delivery times change almost daily and we can provide you by telephone or e-mail.
- for chairs and sofas from the TARGET series: Given the enormously extensive possibilities that the target series offers you (think of more than 80 different fabrics/artificial leather/leather types, legs or wheels, color of the stitching, with or without handle, etc. etc) . these products are manufactured to your instructions. The delivery time is usually 10-16 weeks.
- products to treat (teak) wood: With very few exceptions, these are always available from stock.
- rattan products: The delivery time of most rattan products varies from 1 day to a maximum of 2 weeks. In the unlikely event that the delivery time is longer, we will always contact you to determine in consultation with you whether or not the longer delivery time is a problem for you. In that case you always have the right to cancel an order completely free of charge. Paid amounts will be refunded within 24 hours in case of cancellation (depending on your bank, it may take 1-3 working days before you find the amount on your account statement).
Of course you can call or email us 7 days a week to ask for information about the current delivery time of a specific product.
Where does the teak used by DecoMeubel come from?
We supply our furniture (custom or otherwise) in both plantation teak and recycled teak. So the choice is yours... The teak plantation we use comes from East Java in Indonesia, from plantations that are managed by the state forest management (see also https://www.perhutani.co.id/en/ ). The recycled teak comes from old buildings, boats, bridges, railway sleepers, etc. Due to age, recycled teak often has a darker color than plantation teak.
It is sometimes claimed that old teak (recycled teak) is better than young teak (plantation teak). Is that right?
That is not necessarily true. The advantage of recycled teak is that it has already dried well over time. Plantation wood must be dried in an oven. Provided that this is done properly and proper control takes place on the so-called M/C (Moisture Content, or humidity level), plantation teak certainly does not have to be worse than recycled teak. The choice for recycled or plantation teak is therefore more a matter of taste. Recycled teak looks more "lived in", wood repairs from the past and present are visible here and there, and is generally a bit rougher in style. In principle, plantation teak has a smooth surface, but it can be brushed if necessary, so that the wood structure is not only visible but also tangible.
Do I have to treat teak furniture and if so, with what?
Teak furniture requires very little maintenance. Treatment is not necessary. However, if you want to protect a dining table against stains, for example, you can treat it with woodcare or beeswax. Depending on the use, you repeat this treatment after 1..2 years. First lightly sand, then a new layer of woodcare or beeswax, and your table can withstand it for a long time. Do you have stains in an untreated table? No problem! With sandpaper the stain disappears like snow in the sun. Use coarse sandpaper first, then fine sandpaper. The place where you sand will become lighter in color, which will recover over time. If you don't want to wait for that, you have to sand the entire surface. Then possibly treat with woodcare or furniture oil to prevent future stains. Woodcare colors the wood a fraction darker (difference with white teak is hardly visible), furniture oil, on the other hand, colors the wood visibly darker.
What color is teak?
Plantation teak in particular should be golden-yellow in colour. Pay VERY close attention: There is a lot of teak in circulation that has a reddish color. This is the result of a chemical treatment that aims to eliminate the color difference between the heartwood (the hard, inner part of a tree) and the surface wood (the soft, outer part of a tree, also called sapwood). In order to reduce costs, you actually see a piece of furniture in which sapwood has been processed, which is almost white in color by nature, but has been discolored by the chemicals to such an extent that you can hardly see the difference with the heartwood anymore. Apart from the fact that sapwood is of considerably poorer quality, and in our opinion absolutely does not belong in a high-quality product, the chemical treatment gives the wood an unnatural color and can seriously discolour the piece of furniture over time. Where there is a lot of skin contact with the chemically treated wood, such as with a table or a chair for example, skin rashes are certainly not unthinkable!! This wood is used (too) often, when the vision is more focused on high profit than on high quality. At DecoMeubel we make no concessions with regard to quality and these types of chemical treatments are not allowed.
What color treatments are possible with teak?
If you want to change the color of your white teak furniture at the time of purchase or after a while, there are virtually unlimited possibilities. The best known of these is pickling. However, we also supply a very high-quality coating in no fewer than 40 different colors that you can apply to teak in no time at all. These coatings leave the visibility of the wood structure completely unaffected, but give your piece of furniture a completely different "look". Most known is the white wash color, but what about black wash, gray wash, red wash, olive wash, etc. etc. etc. Even a combination of the original color of teak and a coating is possible !! We only use environmentally friendly coatings that are completely free of solvents, etc. Visit our store for more information and an explanation. We are happy to help you determine the right choice for your interior.
Is OAK more expensive than TEAK?
We get this question with some regularity. Teak wood is significantly more expensive than oak wood . There are a number of reasons for this:
- a teak tree grows slower than an oak tree; more trees and therefore larger plantations are needed to achieve the same wood yield as with oaks.
- Because teak can be used much more widely and has more areas of application, the demand for this type of wood is greater. Particularly for outdoor use, teak is considerably more suitable than oak. For example, teak is usually used for decks and hulls of ships
However, Teak furniture is often not much more expensive, or as with DecoMeubel, even cheaper than oak furniture. The explanation lies in the fact that oak wood mainly comes from Europe and the USA. Although the price for oak is slightly lower than that of teak, due to the high wage costs in these countries, the manufacture of a piece of furniture in these countries carries a greater weight. Teak comes (mainly) from Indonesia and is more expensive than oak, but labor costs in Asia are significantly lower. With teak furniture you pay more for the material and less for the production process, with oak it is the other way around.
What is Lamulus?
Lamulux products are made from furniture panels that are finished in the same way as a laminate floor. Various beautiful and price-conscious living programs are created from this material, which is optically almost indistinguishable from solid wood, so that Lamulux feels like wood but is made of maintenance-free Lamulux.
Where consumers increasingly opt for "experience" over material use, Lamulux is a great alternative to solid wood, also because Lamulux is available in several colors and finishes.
Advantages of Lamulux:
- unique decor,
- Higher scratch, color, wear and impact resistance,
- Stronger impact resistance,
- easy to maintain,
- Feels like solid wood, but has no wood effect,
- soft close on doors,
- Edges and corners are child-friendly,
- Environmentally friendly and user-friendly finish
- No customization possible
- Not suitable for outdoor use
Is the answer to your question not listed here? Mail us, and if relevant we will add your question and our answer directly to this page.